background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Surgery and spaghetti dinner

Avery woke up at 6am this morning.  I was not ready to be awake yet, so I let her play, talk, and fuss some in her crib for awhile.  I heard her on and off while I dozed off some.  After letting her be for an hour, I decided to get up and go get her.  After brushing my teeth and putting my contacts in, I realized she fell back asleep!  She ended up sleeping until 8:15am for me!  It was so nice.  I ended up not going back to bed.  I got Rolo his breakfast and let him in the backyard to play while I enjoyed my morning cup of coffee. 

Once Avery woke up, she had her breakfast and then we played for awhile.  She loves moving around on these wood floors.  It helps her move quicker than if she is on the carpet or rugs.  Her pajamas got dirty during breakfast, so I put her in a new cute t-shirt my mom sent her.  It has a strawberry on it to match her hair!  I love getting little surprises in the mail for Avery. 

Before heading to my appointment, I put Avery in one of the cute summer outfits I bought for her.  It says summer sweet heart on it.  It is really cute.  The bow is from Two Sisters Crafting.  It matched this outfit perfectly. 
I wanted her to wear her white sandals, but she wanted to try and eat them instead.  They stayed home.  I didn't want to lose one while out. 

I love my beautiful baby girl. 
My appointment today for my small surgery was at 3pm.  I was really nervous all day.  It was quick though.  The needles I got before to numb me stung.  I got 4 of them.  The 5th needle I didn't feel.  I didn't feel the procedure at all.  Going home my local wore off and I was in a lot of pain.  We had to stop at CVS to get my pain killers on the way home.  I popped one as soon as we got it.  I am still having some pain and discomfort, but the drugs have taken the edge off.  I took a hot shower to try and relax.  I really hope that I start feeling better now that I had this surgery done.  Eric is home with me tonight and on Avery duty since I have to take it easy and stay sitting or laying down.  I hope the pain isn't as bad tomorrow. 

I prepared some spaghetti sauce in the crock pot this morning so we would have it ready after my appointment.  It was a great idea because dinner was so easy.  Eric just had to prepare the spaghetti noodles.  We decided to give Avery her first taste of real spaghetti that wasn't out of a jar.  She LOVED it!  I knew my baby girl would love spaghetti.  It is my favorite meal!  We didn't do anything special to her plate... she had the noodles and the sauce how I prepared it, meat and all the spices.  I think Eric gave her a little cheese on it too.  She went to town! 

Loving her spaghetti!
I'm parked in the recliner for the rest of the night until I go to bed.  Eric is rocking Avery to sleep now and going to clean up the kitchen.  I might see if I can talk him into watching Bachelorette with me tonight.  Hope everyone has had a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment