background

Thursday, May 5, 2011

KA's Chicken Taco Recipe

This is the yummy chicken taco recipe that I make all the time.  It is super easy.  I got it from a mom's message board that I chat on.

Ingredients:
3 frozen boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup water
1/4 olive oil
1 packet of taco seasoning (my FAVORITE place to buy seasonings is Savory Spice Shop and they have the BEST taco seasoning ever.  Just lightly coat the bottom of the crock pot with your seasoning.)
1 can of Rotel (do not drain)
I also add a can of green chiles, but that is optional and also do not drain it.


Coat the bottom of the crock pot with the taco seasoning, place chicken breasts on top, cover with water and olive oil, then Rotel and green chiles.  Cover crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Once the meat is finished, pull breasts out and shred with a fork.  Toss the shredded chicken back into the crock pot for another 15 minutes.  I use whole wheat tortillas to put the shredded chicken in to make the tacos.  I top with shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce and diced tomatoes!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment