background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

bulletin board and food

Right after breakfast this morning, Avery and I headed out to Super Target to get groceries for the week.  I meal planned for tonight and the rest of the week so I had a list made and only got what I needed to buy.  Once we got home from the store, Avery played while I unloaded the groceries and got dinner in the slow cooker.  She ended up going down for a nap around 11am and slept for me until almost 1pm!  She had a late lunch today.
Eric is starting nursing school in a week so I wanted to make something motivating to hang on our play room bulletin board.  I made a little countdown with the months he gets through, vacations, and graduation.  He can pull off each tab once it is complete.  I'm getting some pictures printed from Shutterfly to put on the board as well.
Avery doing what she does best... pull all the books off the shelf.
When I went to the store I stocked up on lots of good fruits to snack on during the day.  I'm in love with clementines and I enjoy getting them when they are in season.
I also have my MIO to use in my water.  This stuff really helps me drink more and it is zero calories.  My favorite flavor I've tried is this berry one.  It tastes like old school Kool Aid.
The Hawaiian chicken cooking!
Dinner was delicious tonight.  Avery even enjoyed it.  This meal couldn't be easier.  Just take 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts and stick them in your slow cooker.  Top with one can of drained pineapple chunks and a bottle of Archer Farms (Target brand) Hawaiian BBQ sauce.  Cook on low for 6 hours then shred.  Toss all the shredded chicken back in the pot for a bit to soak in all the juices.  Top over brown rice.

The rest of the week we are having:
Paula Deen's Stuffed Peppers
Homemade Cheesy Chili Mac
Bean Soup with Parmesan Chips
Chili with Brown Rice

I've also got a frozen pizza and everything to make grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato basil soup on days when I don't fix something.  

It has just started to lightly rain outside.  I'm so happy.  We are getting rain tonight and all day tomorrow.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment