background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just the two of us

I thought it would be fun to do a few throw back posts.  I have the hopes that Blogger will be around for a really long time so Avery can read all of my posts one day.  

Eric and I met the beginning of February 2006.  Our first date was going out to dinner at Glory Days Grill and it was snowing out.  I also had a cold, but didn't cancel on Eric.  He had given up working over time to take me on a date.  We enjoyed getting to know each other over some good food.  Since it was so cold and snowing out, we drove back to my parents house to watch some movies and talk.  It was a great first date... butterflies and all.  It was the beginning of a wonderful life long relationship.

Eric proposed to me on June 24, 2006.  He took me into Washington DC to a really nice Italian restaurant for dinner and dessert.  Afterwards, we took a walk around the monuments.  It started to drizzle, but we still made our way up the hill to the Washington Monument.  Eric got down on his knee and proposed to me at the top of the hill.  I had no idea it was coming.  I was in complete shock.  I was laughing and crying at the same time.  I was soaked from the rain.  I couldn't have been happier.  As soon as we got on the metro to go home, we started calling family to tell them the great news.  Apparently, Eric had talked to my dad a few weeks before so they knew it was coming soon.  All of our family and close friends where happy for us.  

Eric was in the process of applying to different departments for work.  He finished paramedic school in June 2006.  He applied to Austin, TX and Denver, CO.  We got a call in September 2006 that Eric got the job in Texas!  We where thrilled!  Neither one of us had ever been to Texas and now we where planning on moving there.  It was an exciting adventure.  

Once we got down to Texas and into our first one bedroom apartment, it was an adjustment.  We had some fun times and hard times.  I had trouble finding a job when we moved.  I eventually landed a job at a local credit union.  In May 2007, we adopted our chocolate lab named Rolo from Heart of Texas Lab Rescue.  He was the perfect addition to our little family.  

We got married October 12, 2007 in Colorado Springs, CO at The Broadmoor.  Our family joined us for our small ceremony and reception.  It was perfect.  I was so happy we had our wedding on that Friday evening because the very next day it snowed!  We took a short honeymoon in the mountains at a lovely cabin.  
In March 2008, we moved from our one bedroom apartment to a bigger apartment in the same complex.  I really loved our second apartment.  It was really pretty and cozy.  We decided in July 2008 that we wanted to build our first home.  We found a neighborhood and house quickly and started building.  We moved into our first single family home in January 2009.  We love our home.  We enjoy decorating and doing home improvements whenever we can.  We created a wonderful little nest, which was perfect timing because in January 2010 we found out I was pregnant!

I am so lucky to have such a smart, funny, loving and supportive best friend to call my husband.  Like all couples, we have our ups and downs but I wouldn't change us for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment