background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gym Fail and Dinner Win

This morning I decided I wanted to try a new recipe in the crock pot.  Eric and I are trying to eat healthier, so I picked a recipe from one of our vegetarian cook books.  Eric and I ate vegetarian for one year.  We started November 2008 and stopped November 2009.  We both are proud that we did it that long, but it isn't a diet I could always have.  I love a good burger, ribs and fried chicken!  We still enjoy some hearty vegetarian dishes though!  I decided to make Mediterranean Minestrone Casserole.  It turned out fabulous!  I'll include the recipe at the end of this post! I had everything on hand to make it which was a plus.  Here are all of the ingredients.
 If you don't have one of these choppers from Pampered Chef you need to order one ASAP!  I love this thing.  It is one of my favorite things in the kitchen!
 This is the Betty Crocker Easy Everyday Vegetarian cook book that I found the recipe in.  This book has tons of great recipes in it!  I just stay away from the recipes that have tofu or the fake meat products in it... gross!  If something calls for one of those two things, I just use regular meat!
 Here we have everything cooking and looking yummy in the crock pot!  The house smelled awesome all day!  Crock pot meals are the best!  I love just tossing everything in there and letting it simmer all day!
 Our delicious dinner!  So happy it turned out so well!  I'll be making this again for sure!

While my meal was cooking in the crock pot, we decided to head over to Lifetime Fitness this afternoon for a work out.  Today we added Avery to our gym membership so she could go to the child care center when I went to the gym during the week on my own.  She lasted all of 8 minutes and we got called over the intercom.  Poor thing was scared and crying.  She was doing really well when left her.  She was playing with 10 month old twin girls and the lady working in the infant room was really sweet.  I felt so bad when we went in to get her and saw her so upset.  The child care center closes at 4pm on Saturday and it was 3:40pm at that point so we just came back home.  Eric and I got an awesome 8 minute work out!  I have a reservation for her to go back to child care at 11am on Tuesday so hopefully she does better!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment