background

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New outfits and visiting with old friends

Today was a relaxing day.  This morning I ran over to Target with my grandma to pick up a few goodies for Avery.  While I was out, Eric and Avery went for a nice walk around the neighborhood.  We stayed in for most of the day because the weather here has been on and off rain and thunderstorms.  We got a package in the mail today from grandma Charlene.  She made Avery two wrap dresses with matching bloomers and hats!  They are reversible and just adorable!  She let me change her into the zebra print outfit before throwing a fit.  I just love these new outfits!  
 Here is the back of the wrap dress.  These are going to be perfect for the hot days in Texas!
 Here is the other dress with matching bloomers and hat.
 Grandma Charlene also sent her this book.  It is indestructible.  It can be chewed, will not rip, non-toxic and can be washed!  She has been chewing on it all evening and just loves it!  It is all pictures with no words, so she can "read" it all by herself.
Eric is out at a bar in Falls Church with a friend watching the baseball game.  I'm glad he got a night out to watch some baseball, get some beer and bar food, and chat with friends.

This evening I walked down the street to visit with the Williamson's.  I've been friends with them pretty much since we moved into this neighborhood... so about 18 years!  It was so great catching up and introducing Avery.  Being able to catch up with all my old good friends really makes me miss living in VA.  I wish I would have taken more pictures while I was over visiting!  Avery was good, but was so tired that we didn't get to stay for very long.  As soon as I got her home, she took one ounce of formula and was out.  I'm just hoping this loud thunderstorm doesn't wake her up!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Charlene is AWESOME!!! Those dresses and bloomers and hats... oh my she is great! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete