background

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday Stuff

Last night was a rough night.  Avery woke up at 11pm, 2am, 4am and then at 6:45am for the day.  Eric and I where not happy and felt exhausted all day.  Avery was in a great mood though!  After her breakfast of oatmeal and fruit, I put some shredded cheese and puffs on her tray to see if she would eat any of it.  She is still trying to figure out what to do with the food on her tray.  I don't get it.  She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, but won't put the food on her tray in her mouth!  I snapped this funny face this morning!  Hopefully she gets the hang of it because I'm anxious to let her try all kinds of new solid foods.  I'm happy her appetite is back.
Avery took an awesome three hour nap this morning.  Eric and I relaxed and enjoyed our coffee.  Once Avery woke up, we gave her lunch and got her dressed.  We drove to Chantilly to visit my mom at work.  She wanted to show off her grand baby to her co-workers.  I ended up leaving Eric and Avery with my mom at work to go and meet Erin.  When mom left work, the three of them went to the grocery store to pick up salmon for dinner.  Erin and I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping at Fair Oaks mall and around the Fair Lakes shopping center.  It was fun to walk around and gab, get lunch... and a snack, and browse the stores.  Erin got a few things at Express and some new shoes.  I once again didn't get anything!  I've decided I really want new work out clothes... because that is where I want to be spending my free time once I get home!  I need to get my tushy in gear!  I would also like some summer pajamas to lounge around the house in.  I did get Avery a new toy... I seriously can't go in Target or Babies R Us and not get her something!  I think she has got about 10 new outfits from being in VA this past week!

When I got home from spending the afternoon and evening with Erin, Eric and I decided to go over and get an ice cream cone at Nathan's.  Avery was already in bed at that point, so it was nice to get out alone for a treat.  It is pretty cool out this evening.  I love it!  I love going outside and needing a sweatshirt and feeling a cool breeze.  So refreshing!  Only a few more days and we'll be back in the TX heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment