background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Recuperating and Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, it has been a rough few days.  Our entire house ended up getting the nasty bug Avery had on Wednesday.  Avery still isn't acting totally normal and her eating/drinking habits are still messed up.  I guess it is going to take her little body longer to get over it.  Eric was next and he is feeling better, but still tired.  I was sick all day yesterday and I'm still recovering today.  I still don't feel like eating or drinking much.  My body feels exhausted.  Being sick is no fun.  Especially when the entire house gets it.  Now that Eric and I are feeling somewhat better we are going try and disinfect our house and clean up.  I have the house pulled apart because I'm on a major cleaning, organizing, decorating kick.  I was hoping to have everything mostly back to normal and most projects done before going on vacation next week, but I know that isn't going to happen now.  We'll be doing the inside painting and landscaping once we get home.  I was hoping to have the house all finished the way I would like by the time we hosted our Memorial Day BBQ, but I doubt that will happen. Oh well, the house is a work in progress.  Eric is at work a ton and sometimes it is hard to get things done as quickly as I would like while taking care of Avery all day.  

Since we've all been under the weather the past few days we haven't been taking very many pictures.  I was able to get some fun pictures of Avery in her jumper this afternoon.  She loves jumping in this thing!  

 I have a pillow from the guest bed under her because she can't quite reach the floor without it.  And I think she likes how the pillow feels while bouncing since we don't have carpet.  Please excuse the messy toy corner... I'm working on it!
Today is my first mother's day.  Last mother's day I was 20 weeks pregnant with my little strawberry.  It is so fun to have her here now.  I absolutely love being a mother.  I have the sweetest daughter in the world.  She makes me laugh everyday.  I'm guessing we are going to celebrate mother's day another day since I'm still not feeling the best.  I wanted to get Panera for lunch and then go for a cupcake at Hey Cupcake.  Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.  Even though we are just at home recuperating and not doing anything for mother's day, I'm happy to be home with my little family.  Hope all you mommy's out there have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment