background

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Last night Avery went to bed around 8 or 8:30pm.  She was so exhausted after being sick all afternoon.  She woke up at 3:30am very hungry.  I know she wanted a full bottle of milk, but we needed to take it slow since she hadn't had anything in hours.  Over an hour and a half, we gave her a few ounces of Pedialyte.  She finally fell back asleep and slept until 8:30am this morning.  She was so hungry when she woke up that she grabbed the bottle from Eric and held it herself to drink it!  She has never done that before!  She really loves how the Pedialyte tastes (bubble gum flavor) and just downed the bottle.  
 After her bottle, we brought her out to the living room and sat her down to see if she felt like playing with her toys.  Her favorite toy sat down right with her!  She loves hanging out with Rolo!
 Avery still isn't feeling 100%.  She had a slight fever when we went to her pediatrician at lunch time.  All her vitals looked fine.  Besides that first morning bottle, she hasn't had much of an appetite today.  She hasn't really been interested in drinking milk and only had a little vanilla yogurt with bananas for dinner.  She got a nice warm bath and went to sleep before 7pm tonight.  I have a feeling she'll be up in the middle of the night again since she barely ate/drank today.  I want my baby back to normal!
 Since today is Cinco de Mayo, I decided to make chicken tacos for dinner!  This is a delicious and easy recipe in the crock pot!  I got it from a mom's board that I chat on.  I'll share the recipe in my next post... it seriously could not be easier.  I just realized we ate festive all day long!  For breakfast we made migas (scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese, crushed up tortilla chips, black beans drained and rinsed, and a can of Rotel drained all mixed together) lunch was just chips and salsa and then tonight the tacos!  Now I just need a margarita and I'll be set!
I'm hoping Avery is more herself tomorrow.  Enjoy your night!

No comments:

Post a Comment