background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just some thoughts.

I keep thinking about our country and how Osama Bin Laden is now dead.  I know it was something that needed to be done.  He was the ring leader of so many vicious terrorist attacks towards us and other countries.  I'm proud of our military for successfully finding him and putting him to rest.  I can't help but feel worried about our country.  I feel this is going to be the start of more terrorist attacks from Al Qaeda.  You hear stories that our government may or may not have known about the 9-11 attacks.  If we didn't know about them, we aren't going to know about another attack.  I keep thinking about the images I saw on TV the night it was announced that Bin Laden was dead.  I saw many people in front of the white house cheering and singing out of joy that he was gone.  It made me think of the day of the 9-11 attacks, and we saw images on TV of adults and children in Afghanistan cheering and singing that this horrible event happened successfully.  It isn't right.  I hate that this is the kind of world my daughter is going to grow up in.  I know that she is going to live through terrorist attacks just as bad or even worse than the 9-11 attacks.  I'm not usually one to get all worked up over this kind of thing, but I feel differently now that I'm a mom.  I got emotional watching watching the president's speech the other night talking about the families that lost loved ones in 9-11.  How children had to grow up never knowing their parents.  I don't want something like this to happen again, but I know worrying about it isn't going to prevent it.  My mind is always going.  These are just some thoughts on how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment