background

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friggin Friday

Today seemed like a long day.  Avery had us up bright and early, just like every other day we have been on vacation.  Eric decided to make a darn good chocolate cake (recipe in the following post) in the morning since we had family coming over in the evening.  We have made this cake 100 times in the past.  For some reason, it didn't bake how it was supposed to in my parents oven.  We think the oven didn't get hot enough or wasn't on the right setting.  So we ended up having to toss it and getting a store bought cake.  We went for a walk in the morning and locked ourselves out of the house.  Luckily my parents got home from running errands not long after we left the house.  We still enjoyed a nice long walk through the neighborhood. Avery went down for a long nap once we got back and she had a bottle.  When she woke up she ended up having a fever of 103!  She wouldn't calm down and stop crying.  She vomited once.  We gave her some Tylenol for her fever.  After what seemed like forever, she took a little bottle and calmed down.  At this point we had family at the house, so we decided to bring her downstairs just to meet some family she hadn't met yet.  We let her play on the floor for about 20 minutes and gave her a small container of fruit for dinner.  
 My grandma and parents wanted a picture of the four generations sitting together... so here it is!  My mom, my grandma, me and Avery.  Please excuse how horrible I look in this picture.  My hair was pulled back, I was tired, in lounge clothes and taking care of a sick kid.  I wasn't in the mood for pictures but we had one taken anyways.
We got Avery to go down to bed pretty easily.  We followed closely behind once family left to go home.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment