Friday, May 13, 2011

Our first full day in the 703

Our first night after flying into VA wasn't horrible.  Avery slept until 3:30am, got a diaper change and bottle, and was back in bed around 5am.  We got up for the day at 7:15am.  We took it slow in the morning.  Had some coffee, breakfast, watched some cartoons and played.  Once Avery woke up from her morning nap, we went for a nice walk past the ponds and saw all the geese.  We even saw all of the cute baby geese!  They are all so fuzzy looking!  Avery had a very messy lunch and then we got ready to head out for a little while.  
 Our first stop was to get lunch at Dogfish Head Alehouse in Chantilly.  This is one of Eric's favorite breweries, so he was thrilled to go.  The beer isn't actually brewed here, but they have everything on tap and delicious food.  We split an appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip and split a huge bacon cheddar burger and fries.  We both left totally stuffed!  I'm hoping we can go back again before we come home!
 Avery sat like a big girl in her high chair and behaved well until the very end when she let us know it was time to go!
 Eric enjoying a glass of the Chicory Stout.
 Avery and I at the alehouse!
 Next stop was Trader Joe's!  We love this grocery store and really wish we had one in Austin!  Even if it was all the way up in north Austin we would make the trip just for Trader Joe's!  We picked up some groceries to use during the week.
 Had to take a picture of Avery in front of the store before her first TJ's experience!
 Avery loved sitting like a big girl in the shopping cart and checking everything out!  I love her little America's Sweetheart t-shirt she has on!
 After grocery shopping, we headed home for the evening.  My mom got home from work and played with Avery for awhile.  Mom looks very excited and Avery looks scared!
We had some yummy chicken salads for dinner and got Avery in bed around 7pm.  My brother Thomas and his fiance Katie stayed at the house for the evening so we could all hang out.  We really enjoyed our first day back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment