background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

tv time and lunch out

I'm glad to say that I woke up this morning feeling much better than I have in a week and a half.  I think whatever I am fighting is starting to go away.  I went to bed early last night and that helped.  I think I need to get to bed early every night.

This morning after breakfast, Avery and I hung out in the family room to watch some Mickey Mouse Club House for a little while.  She is starting to pay more attention to the cartoons that play now.  However, when she watches TV she always crawls right up to it and stands up to watch.  She can't get close enough!
Now that we have a little one, I'm disliking our entertainment center.  It is wide open in the middle, and Avery touches all of the electronics and uses them to pull herself up.  It is also a low table, so when she starts walking I'm sure that table and her head are going to meet many times.  I've been looking on Amazon to see what I can put around the edges of the entertainment center and our coffee table.  Any ideas on what to do with the open part of the entertainment center that has all the receivers in it?  I've tried putting the coffee table up against it, but it blocks the receivers too much to be able to change the channels, adjust the volume, etc.  Here is what it looks like up close.
Eric was off work today, so we decided to go out for some lunch.  We ended up over at Red's Porch again.  That has become our new go to restaurant.  I wasn't impressed with my meal the last time we went, but every other time we have gone it has been great.  Today we both got burgers and fries (cause you can't go wrong with that!) and shared some chips and queso (once again, can't go wrong with that!).  It was really good.  Avery enjoyed some queso and fries and a bottle while we hung out.
Isn't her hat adorable?  I found it for five bucks at Gymboree!  She needs the big floppy hats to keep the sun away from her fair skin.
Tomorrow I'm planning on doing a huge Walmart run for grocery and toiletries, followed by a little cleaning around the house.  Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. T is fascinated by the tv now too! :P

    You can buy a little gadget called an IR repeater that will transmit the signal from your remotes to your electronics - it would allow you to put something in front of the receivers to hide them from Avery and still have all your remotes work. We have one and it's awesome.

    Love the hat - I wish T would wear them, A looks so cute darn in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she looks great in the hat! I don't know what to tell you about the open area on your entertainment center. I would suggest an ottoman in front of it. But, I guess it will not let the remotes work. ??? I don't know, I guess hope that she will leave it alone. :-)

    Your lunch sounded awesome. Enjoy your trip to Walmart tomorrow, I went tonight with Austin.

    OH... all day today he kept saying, "Will Melissa be at school?" He just adores you! I thought it was so cute. I told him, "no, she is a lady she doesn't go to school anymore." :-)

    ReplyDelete