background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

we will never forget

We all started off our morning watching the news coverage for 9-11 remembrance.  It was very emotional watching the news and remembering the horrible events of that day.  It is something our generation will never forget and future generations will never fully understand.  Ten years ago today, I was sitting at work in the call center of a government credit union in the DC area.  I worked with my best friend Erin.  I'm happy that during that scary day I was with her when our building was forced to lock down and we couldn't leave.  It is pretty cool that 10 years later, we are spending this same day together in Texas.  God Bless 9-11 We Will Never Forget. 

After our morning of TV and breakfast, Eric stayed at home with Avery while Erin and I went out for a little while.  We had lunch at Chili's and went to Target.  It was nice to get out and talk for awhile.  We picked up a few things at Target and headed home.  We hung around the house the rest of the day.  We took some pictures this afternoon after Avery's nap since she was in a good mood.
Avery just loves Erin!
The two of us... Erin looks cute and I decided to make a stupid duck face just because.  I'll never understand why people do that in pictures. 
Avery with her new sippy cup.  She is doing a little better with it.  She drank about two ounces of apple juice/water today. 
Eric is at work tonight, so Erin and I are relaxing this evening.  We have some shows to catch up on.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment