background

Friday, September 23, 2011

a blonde, a brunette, and a red head

Avery was up bright and early this morning.  She didn't have a temperature like she did last night so that was good!  I was worried she was going to wake up sick.  We had breakfast, did some playing, watched cartoons, then Avery went down for a morning nap around 10:15am.  Once she was asleep, I took a quick shower, had a bowl of cereal, and got our bag ready to be out for the day.  We spent the afternoon at my friend Angie's house.  As soon as we got to Angie's, I needed to give Avery some lunch.  She enjoyed her veggies, black beans, sausage balls, and chocolate cookie!  Angie made a really yummy lunch with chips and queso, chicken tortilla soup, sausage balls, and chocolate M&M cookies. 
We had three girls today all a month a part in age from each other.  Kinley (Angie's daughter) is 14 months, Alexis (Lisa's daughter) is 13 months, and Avery is 12 months.  They are all so cute!  We have a blonde, a brunette, and a red head! 
The kids spent the afternoon playing and pulling out every possible toy in the playroom.  We chatted and snacked on food all afternoon.  Angie made three really cute pom poms to hang at Avery's birthday party next weekend.  She also pulled out the supplies to make a birthday banner for the party.  I made circles and cut them all out.  Angie printed the letters out and I glued them all together.  I just have to buy some pretty ribbon to link them all together.  I'm so excited to have some pretty decorations!  Thanks for helping me with all the crafts this afternoon Angie!!

Avery and I left Angie's house around 3:30pm to head home.  Avery was getting really cranky.  I figured she would fall asleep on the 45 minute drive home.  No such luck.  She screamed the entire way home.  I even pulled over on the side of the toll road to check on her since she usually never carries on like that in the car.  I know she was a mix of tired and hungry.  As soon as we got home I gave her dinner and got her in a warm bath.  She was in bed at 6:30pm.

I'm working on laundry and a birthday party menu/shopping list.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment