background

Friday, August 26, 2011

lunch out and HOTLR blog

We said good bye to my parents this morning.  We dropped them off at the airport at 9am.  We are going to miss them so much, but can't wait to see them the end of September.  Once Avery and I left the airport, we stopped at Target to pick up a couple things before heading home.  As soon as we got home Avery was ready for a bottle and a nap.  Once she went down, I just lounged on the couch and relaxed.  I have been tired and sick with a cold.  I have felt horrible today.

Even though I'm not feeling well, Eric suggested going to Red's Porch for some lunch.  Avery was pretty happy about going out for lunch.
Eric enjoyed a couple brew while we had lunch.  I'm always the DD when we go out.
All our food.  Eric got a burger, I got some King Ranch chicken casserole (which wasn't that great, I was pretty disappointed), and rice and beans for Avery.
Eric and Avery after lunch.  It was nice to go out to eat even though I'm sick.  That is also why there are no pictures of me today!  I started not feeling well on Monday with a really sore throat.  Then on Thursday I started in with being congested.  Now my throat hurts, I'm congested, sneezing, and coughing.  It is just lovely.
We've just been relaxing all afternoon and evening.  We are ordering sandwiches from Cafe 1626 for dinner and hanging out watching Food Network.  Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives is such a fun show!

Eric and I have been part of the Heart of Texas Lab Rescue family since we adopted Rolo in May 2007.  We have fostered a few labs, started the HOTLR Facebook page, and done some other volunteer work for the organization.  We haven't been able to do as much lately since we have a little one.  Avery and Rolo made the HOTLR blog!  Check out this article on kids and labs together.

Have a wonderful Friday night and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment