background

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

good news!

This afternoon I had an appointment with the rectal surgeon.  I had surgery set up for Monday the 22nd, but after my check up he told me I am looking good and there is no need for the surgery right now!  They cancelled it for me.  I am so happy and relieved.  My parents are still coming to TX next week.  I'm looking forward to having a week of fun with my family.  We are already planning what restaurants we want to eat at and where we want to go shopping.

In other good news, Avery started clapping today!  Eric got her doing it while they sat in the car waiting for me to finish up with the doctor.  I sat with Avery in the backseat on the way home from downtown and she clapped the entire way.  We had a great time clapping, blowing raspberries, and giggling.

We are doing tons of cooking tonight.  I made a big pot of rice, beans, and veggies.  Eric is making some home made wheat sandwich bread, we are having spicy lime shrimp and risotto for dinner, and we are going to attempt to make some clean eating chocolate chip cookies tonight.  If they turn out well, I'll post the recipe for the cookies tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment