background

Monday, July 25, 2011

errands, lamp and 100th post

After Avery took an awesome two hour morning nap, we headed over to Hobby Lobby and Super Target.  I needed to pick up some paint for a little project I wanted to do.  I also ended up buying Avery two new bows.  That store is so dangerous  They have all their pretty fall home decorations out and I want TONS of it.  I love fall and the colors and the thought of the upcoming holidays and the cooler weather and coziness of staying inside bundled up!  After browsing in Hobby Lobby we headed over to Super Target to get groceries.  We picked up lots of good stuff at Target, now I just need to figure out what we are having for dinner all week.  Any healthy ideas?

Avery did some playing after lunch and before afternoon nap.  She never smiles at the camera for me anymore.  She growls and comes charging at me like she wants to eat the camera lens.  Well, I guess she is my kid... mind is always on food!  My mom found my baby book in the basement the other day and was looking through it.  She told me one of my very first sentences was "What are you eating?".  I guess some things never change!  I need to stop thinking about food so much so I can drop these 20 pounds of baby weight that is hanging around.  I hate it.  I've always been really skinny and I am so much bigger now.  It is difficult to deal with.  Working out and eating well is hard, especially when you've never had to do that in the past to look good. 

While Avery was napping this afternoon, I wanted to start on a little painting project I've been wanting to do.  I've been wanting to paint the green bunny on her lamp a shade of pink for awhile.  Avery has a light green room with splashes of pink.  Here is the lamp before.
And after!  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I got the pink lamp without having to pay for a new one!
This evening I'm working on laundry and watching The Bachelorette.  Hope you had a great Monday. 

This is my 100th blog post!  I can't believe I have already posted that many times since the middle of April.  I'm so happy I decided to start blogging.  I love updating my family and close friends with what we are doing.  I hope one day Avery can look back and read it.  If you stop by and read my blog, let me know!  I would love to know if I have other readers out there besides my parents and few close friends.  Leave me a comment or email me at melissaannlancaster@gmail.com.  :)

1 comment: