background

Sunday, January 1, 2012

hello 2012

The first day in 2012 wasn't the best but wasn't the worst either.  I'm still feeling pretty under the weather with this cold.  I'm so over it.  I'm not good at being sick.  I'm coughing and blowing my nose, I'm tired, I'm cranky, and I'm not productive.  Eric worked all night so he slept most of the day.  Avery was in a happy and playful mood all day today.  She has become much more affectionate lately which I love.  She always come up to me and hugs me, sits in my lap, and just snuggles me.
Doesn't she look like a big girl in this picture?  I'm in love with her outfit.  Grandma and grandpa Stevenson sent that to her for Christmas.
Laughing hysterically while I'm tickling her.  Listening to her laugh is the best sound in the world.
The big brown dog joined us in the bedroom.  He is always in whatever room we are in.  He loves his little sister.  She has no fear of him at all.  She goes right up to him and pets him, sticks her fingers in his mouth, rolls on him, and he just loves it.  He loves when it is snack time because Avery always shares her food.
Tonight for dinner we made some Timber Peaks Gourmet Chalupa Mix.  These little bags of beans and spices are AMAZING!  We've been getting them the past few years for Christmas as a treat.  They are a small company from Parker CO.  We also have and love the chili mix, soup mixes, and red beans mix.
The chalupa mix can be used many different ways.  We decided we wanted to use it to make Tex Mex nachos.  We made the bean and spice mixture with green chilies added.  We picked up some brisket at the Rail Road BBQ right up the street (they have great BBQ!).  We layered yellow tortilla chips, brisket, cheddar cheese, bean and spice mixture, more cheese, and topped with some pico de gayo.  It was DAMN good!  I'm so glad we have another bag of that mix so we can make this again.
We'll be going to bed early tonight.  Eric is exhausted from working all night and his allergies are going nuts from the cedar.  I'm miserable because of my cold and I'm sure the cedar isn't helping it.  Avery is snug as a bug asleep in her crib with no worries in the world.

Happy 1st day of the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment