background

Saturday, November 5, 2011

saturday with my girl

Today was just us girls, plus Rolo.  We got outside this morning for our walk even though it was pretty cold out.  Once we got home, Avery took a really long two hour nap while I started some laundry and drank my coffee.  I love drinking hot coffee on a cold crisp morning.  We did lots of playing today.  It is getting harder to get good shots of Avery.  She is fast and all over the place.  I need to get much better with my camera. 
Taking a water break. 
Avery loves to look through her books.  She flips the pages and touches them.  She still doesn't let me read to her.  I'll get about two pages in and she grabs the book and wants to play with it herself. 
Getting a kick out of herself pushing her music and learning walker toy.  She walks across the room pushing this thing!  She does the same with her shopping cart and baby stroller.  Now she just needs to get the courage to walk without the toys!  She is such a sweet girl.  I love her so much and have fun just staying at home and playing. 
Everyone hanging out in the play room.  Rolo is such an awesome big brother.  He likes to be wherever Avery is and watch her play.  He lets her crawl all over him and she lets him lick her face after eating a meal.  True love. 
This was my lunch today.  I've been eating much healthier this past week along with my walking.  I bought a bag of romaine lettuce, a cucumber, and some mini tomatoes.  I cut it all up, divided it into a few little containers, and stuck them in the fridge for a quick ready made lunch salad.  I add fresh ground pepper and a little light Italian vinaigrette dressing.  It is super tasty and satisfying.  I add fruit on the side. 
We made a quick Costco run to pick up a box of wipes.  They have the BEST deal on wipes.  Their Kirkland brand has a box of 900 wipes (9 packs of 100) for only $19.99!  I've tried many different brands and off brands, and these are by far the best.  They are big wipes and are just right in moisture. I think this was my first Costco trip that I only bought ONE thing.  Amazing. 

Tonight at dinner, I decided to let Avery play with one of her new toddler forks.  She thought it was pretty cool, but it will be awhile before she gets how to eat with it. 
I'm just enjoying a quiet evening at home.  It got pretty windy outside so I'm hoping we get some rain tonight!  Have a great Saturday night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment