background

Saturday, November 26, 2011

the holiday season has started!

Well it is officially the start of the 2011 holiday season.  I couldn't be happier.  I LOVE Christmas time.  I love having the house all decorated, shopping for Christmas presents, baking lots of yummy goodies, and having family visit for the big day.  I took Avery outside really early the other morning to take some holiday pictures of her.  My mom sent me a really pretty navy blue Christmas dress for her.  This is my favorite picture out of the bunch.  It was hard being the one behind the camera and also trying to keep her from crawling all over the place and eating mulch. 
I didn't get to go out shopping on Black Friday.  I did get to sit in my sweats, drinking coffee, ordering Christmas presents in the comfort of my own home though.  I got all of my Christmas gifts ordered and shipped for all of our family we won't be seeing on Christmas day.  Angie and I went out for lunch and shopping today.  I had so much fun!  It was great to be out KID FREE and really be able to look around and talk and enjoy a meal in peace.  I also found some great deals for a few more presents (and a lotion for myself!).  I'm 90% done my shopping for this year.  I even have my Christmas cards ordered.  I hate waiting until the last minute to get things bought and sent out. 

While I was out, Eric and Avery spent the day together.  They had a great time.  They went to the grocery store and the book store, then went on a nice long walk.  Avery was asleep when I got home.  I was only gone for a few hours but missed her!  I can't wait to see her in the morning. 

Have a good night!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture! The holiday season is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks beautiful in blue!! Heck, in everything...you have a sweetie on your hands!!

    ReplyDelete