background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a day out and about in Austin

We got the spend the day with some friends from Colorado.  Mike, Nicole, and Josh are here this week and spent the day in Austin with us.  We started with an awesome lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Red's Porch.  We shared the chips and queso and all got delicious lunch entrees.  Everyone loved their food.
After lunch, we drove over to Mount Bonnell to see the sights.  The view is so beautiful. 
The view of the Pennybacker Bridge from Mount Bonnell. 
The boys taking in the view. 

Another pretty view.
Eric and Avery.
After checking out Mount Bonnell, we drove downtown to check out the state capitol building.  I had to post a picture of my parallel parking job.  HA!  I hate parallel parking and had to do it today while driving around downtown. 
Here we are minus Mike in front of the Texas state capitol building.  Yes, I know I'm rolling around in lounge clothes but it was just that kind of day. 

Avery happy and excited to be walking around the capitol building.  I just love her t-shirt!  It has her name on it.  My best friend Angie got it for her as a birthday present.  It is a kids size, so it is big right now.  I had her wear it as a t-shirt dress with some leggings. 
Just crawling around and checking things out.  She had a ball. 
Sitting in the grass people watching. 
Eric with Avery sitting on a big cannon. 
The inside of the capitol building.  It is so cool to stand in the middle and look up and see this view.  Once again, I was kicking myself for not dragging my nice camera along today to take some good shots. 
After all our running around town, we had to make a stop at Hey Cupcake.  We picked up vanilla, pumpkin, and red velvet cupcakes.  The perfect end to a fun day!
We had SUCH a fun day day today with our friends!  Now I'm starting to get really excited about celebrating Thanksgiving with our good friends The Barron's.  I need to start preparing our goodies that we are bringing over to share tomorrow.  I'm so happy to have a wonderful friend to celebrate holidays with when neither of us have family close by. 

Have a great night everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I LOVE the shirt on her! She looks so cute in it. The little hair clips look cute too. Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. So much fun!! Loved seeing the pics.

    ReplyDelete