background

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today we spent Thanksgiving with our good friends Doc and Angie and their two kids.  We got up to their house around 12:30pm.  Angie made tons of great food for dinner!  We had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, corn, stuffing, broccoli, and pumpkin muffins.  It was all so delicious!  We brought over some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and some Christmas decorated cupcakes. 

Avery got stripped down and went to town on her Thanksgiving day feast!  She loved all of the food.  No surprise there.  My kid can eat. 
Kinley and her beautiful blue eyes.  She loved her cupcake!
Avery enjoying her cupcake!  I'm glad I baked those for the kids (and us too!). 

Austin giving me a great big smile! 
After we had Thanksgiving dinner and the kids had cupcakes, we headed outside to take some pictures.  I played photographer and took some family shots for Angie to use for Christmas cards.  The pictures came out alright, but I wish I knew more of what I was doing with my camera.  I'm thinking more and more that I would really enjoy taking some photography classes.
We got a family shot too. 
Once we finished up outside, we came inside and the adults had some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream while the kids played.  It got pretty warm today so the girls played in their diapers!  Here are both girls sitting with Eric and looking at a book. 
The girls playing.  Avery had a blast playing all afternoon.  Austin chased her all over the place and she had the biggest smile on her face!  Austin shared his cars with her.  Kinley was being a little love bug with me all afternoon.  She is such a sweetheart!  Eric and Austin had fun rough housing around. 
Now it was Doc's turn to have all the kids with him looking at books! 
We had such a wonderful day with our friends!  I always miss family during the holidays, but spending today with some of our best friends was just as fun.  I'm happy to say it is officially the start of the Christmas season.  I just love this time of year.  I'm hoping to get out at some point this weekend to go shopping with the rest of the crazies. 

I hope you and yours had a very happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment