background

Thursday, December 29, 2011

we're sick and 15 months

Poor Avery caught a yucky cold.  Eric and I have a touch of something as well.  So far I just have a really bad sore throat and I hope that is all it is.  Avery is super congested and just looks miserable.  We had a rough night last night.  Avery couldn't sleep at all.  She was screaming and crying so hard and I was at a loss as to what to do.  I resorted back to a warm bottle of milk, changed her diaper, tried suctioning her nose, tried rocking her, set up the humidifier in her bedroom, took her outside for some cold fresh air, gave her Advil, rubbed some Vick's on her chest, and ended up bringing her into the playroom so she could calm down.  I was FINALLY able to get her down to sleep around 12:30am.  She slept until 6am.  I gave her some more Advil and another warm bottle and she went back down for me until 8:45am.  I really hate when Avery is sick.  I feel so bad because with a cold there is only so much you can do.  It just has to run its course.

She was in a pretty good mood this morning playing with her toys.  I think big brown can sense Avery doesn't feel well because he has been close to her all morning.
Just look at this poor miserable face.  :-(
Today is Avery's 15 month birthday!  I have a toddler ya'll!  I know she is still a baby, but she is looking more and more like a little girl.  She is thinning out and running around all over the place.  She loves playing hide and seek and chase.  She loves on her baby dolls.  She enjoys carrying around purses and pushing her shopping cart.  She loves cell phones and laptops!  She likes to play with her puzzles, books, and kitchen.  She is always babbling and giggling.  She is a great eater (just like her mama!).  She eats three good meals a day, has one to two snacks a day, tons of water, and is getting better at drinking her milk out of a real big girl cup (with help of course!).  She is still wearing 18 month clothes and is wearing a size 5 in toddler shoes and a size 4 Pampers diaper.  We are big fans of the squeaker shoes in this house.  They are so fun!  She easily transitioned to going to sleep without bottles (we broke that last night and today since she is sick and she wanted it) and only has her pacifier when napping and going to bed at night.

We love our sweet little bear to pieces!  Happy 15 months ABL!

No comments:

Post a Comment