background

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

wednesday wednesday

I wanted to share a picture I took of Avery yesterday.  She just looks like a sassy little thing!
Today we all hung out at home for most of the day.  It was a rainy day, so it was perfect for just not doing much and hanging out in pajamas all day.  Eric and Avery spent a good portion of late morning playing in the play room while I got busy in the kitchen.  I decided to make a hearty vegetable soup for lunch.  It turned out delicious and was super easy!  I love having Eric home so I can cook and bake in peace!
Avery running around after lunch with her water cup.  She always carries that thing around.
Big smiles or the camera!  I just love this girl.
Taking a break on the big brown's bed.
Eric and Avery took long afternoon naps.  While they slept I cleaned up a bit around the house, folded some laundry, and made a tasty surprise for them to wake up to.  I made triple chocolate brownies with a vanilla butter cream frosting and sprinkles.  I added just a tad of green food coloring to make them more festive.
Avery enjoyed her brownie after her dinner.  She couldn't stop laughing while she was eating.
Inspecting her chocolate goodness.
Brownies, oh yea!
For dinner tonight, we tried a new recipe that I have been wanting to make for awhile.  We made a chicken vindaloo.  I picked up my vindaloo curry from Savory Spice shop a couple months ago.  I've always loved Indian food and wanted to try making some at home.  Eric and I couldn't believe how amazing our meal turned out tonight.  It tastes just like it does in the restaurants.
I buy all of my spices from Savory Spice Shop.  If you are local, they are right off 6th street.  If you aren't local, you can order spices from their website (listed on Facebook information page).  The recipe we used to make our vindaloo is from the Savory Spice Shop website.  We did not use yogurt and used olive oil instead of the traditional ghee.  Instead of frozen vegetables, we used fresh potatoes, onion,  green pepper, and canned drained diced tomatoes.

Hope you enjoyed your Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment