background

Thursday, December 8, 2011

we enjoyed our thursday!

We had a nice day today.  Eric slept this morning since he worked last night, and Avery and I had breakfast, I had coffee, we watched Winnie the Pooh, and played.  Avery took a long morning nap for me so I had time to get some dishes cleaned up, laundry washed and put away, and just some quiet time to relax.  When Avery woke up, I got her all dressed and did her hair.  I am loving pulling her hair back, but she doesn't love having stuff in her hair.  I hope she gets over that soon because we have LOTS of bows and barrettes and headbands! 
Once Eric woke up we headed out to run some errands.  We picked up a bunch of stuff at Costco and then stopped at the grocery store for a few small items.  We came home and unloaded all of our stuff, and then Avery helped Eric check the carbonation on the oatmeal stout beer.  She enjoyed herself!  She is going to be daddy's little helper, we can already tell.  She likes to be where Eric is when he is working on things. 
I decided to let Avery try something new for dinner.  I feel like she eats the same foods all the time and need to branch out a little.  She had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and liked it!  She also got milk in her cup which is usually water.  We have GOT to start transitioning this girl to all cups and no bottles. 
For dinner tonight, we had our good friend Emily and her daughter Sophia come over.  I was SO excited to have them over.  It had been so long since we have seen each other and the girls love each other.  We had spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner and sugar cookies with all the toppings for dessert.  It was so delicious!  I'm going to be on a sugar high the rest of the night!  We lucked out and both girls fell asleep around 6:15pm so we got to enjoy our food and visiting without kids!  Sophia did great in the guest room in the pack and play. 
It was so wonderful to have you over tonight Emily!  We can't wait this long again! 

Eric and I are relaxing the rest of the evening and watching the movie Bridesmaids.  I've been wanting to see this movie for awhile so I hope it is as funny as every one claims it is.  Happy Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment