background

Monday, March 5, 2012

lake pflugerville and the outlets

Avery and I had a nice full and fun Monday!  After breakfast and coffee, we got dressed, loaded up the truck, and headed up north to Pflugerville.  We spent the day with my best friend Angie and her two kids, Austin and Kinley.  We got up there around 10am.  We let the kids play for a little while at the house, then loaded everyone into Angie's minivan to drive over to Lake Pflugerville about 3 minutes away.  Here are the girls in the van getting ready to leave the house. 
Today was so pretty outside!  Sunny, 75 degrees, with a nice breeze.  It felt great walking around the water!  We put both girls into Angie's double jogging stroller for our walk.  They both did really well! 

Austin got the most exercise since he wanted to push the girls around the lake!  He is always a big helper when we are out and about with the girls.  Angie and I enjoyed going out walking and talking.  We'll have to plan on doing it more often!  I wish we didn't live 45 minutes away from each other. 
A pretty view of Lake Pflugerville.  There is a huge loop around it. 
After our walk, we decided it was lunch time and went over to the Round Rock outlets.  We all got something to eat at the food court.  Then we walked around and hit some of our favorite stores... you know, all the kids stores (except Bath and Body Works!).  We stopped in Disney, Carter's, and Stride Rite before both girls lost it and we needed to get going. 
Kinley fell asleep on the way home from the mall, while Avery was wide awake.  Avery stayed wide awake the entire trip back to south Austin.  She finally went down for a nap around 3pm.  I think she would have just stayed up until bedtime if I let her, but I needed some quiet time.  :-)

After our fun day, I need to get down to some business around the house.  Love my sticky notes all over the fridge as my to do list?
I've been SO lazy about keeping up with house work this week.  I don't know what my deal is.  I'm always an anal organized neat freak.  Hopefully this list gets smaller over tonight and tomorrow.

Today was a great day!  Thanks for having us up today Angie! 

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog. I always love to meet fellow Austin mommas :) Would love for you to check out my blog too if you get a chance!

    http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found my blog Candice! I also love meeting fellow Austin mommas :-) I'll be sure to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete